The IBEW represents the most highly skilled professionals in the electrical industry. If you are a professional electrician who can legally do work in California, please continue reading to see why other electrical professionals joined the IBEW.
What can you expect to gain by joining the electrical workers union?
· Higher wage and benefits including family coverage
· Large contractor base
· Respect from other workers and contractors
· Safe work place
· Free training
· Job referral system
· Same wage whether on a private or public works project
· No need to prove yourself over again when changing contractors. Your wages will always be the same with every contractor.
· If out of work, you will be able to work non union while waiting for a union job.
What is the first step in joining?
Contact one of the organizers. They will walk you through your options.
Where can you expect to work?
IBEW local 952 covers the Ventura County area.