IBEW LOCAL 952
3994 E. Main St., Ventura, CA 93003
RE-SIGN is 10th thru 16th of the 1st MONTH of EACH QUARTER
Effective 1/1/2021 – 12/31/2021
- Applicants for employment are eligible to sign the Out-of-Work List when they are not employed by a signatory employer in this jurisdiction. Each applicant for employment will be placed in the highest priority group for which he/she qualifies. Applicants may sign the Out-of-Work List Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:30 a.m., and 4:30 p.m. Applicants will designate either zone A or zone B when signing the Out-of-Work book. The zone designation will be determined by his/her address or preference when signing.
- The geographical division for the area zone designations will be as follows. The main post office in the following cities: Camarillo, Oxnard, Santa Paula, Ventura, and Oak View shall be basing points. All work in excess of thirty-two (32) road miles from the basing points shall be zone B. All work less than thirty-two (32) road miles from the nearest basing point shall be zone A. An applicant will be allowed to take calls in either zone A or zone B but will receive turndowns only for work within his designated zone. Each applicant will be allowed two turndowns; the third turndown will result in the applicant being completely removed from the book. The applicant must sign again in person after being rolled off. Applicants who do not designate zone A or B will be considered registered for zone B. Rejection of the applicant by an employer will not be considered a turndown. Applicants will be charged a maximum of one turndown per day.
- Applicants seeking work on any given day must show up in person at the IBEW Local 952 Union Hall, 3994 E. Main St, Ventura, CA 93003, to sign the daily availability list by 8:00 a.m. to be eligible for roll call. Applicants present for roll call will be offered employment according to their respective place on the Out-of-Work List, in the following order: Books 1, 2, 3, and 4.
- Dispatches for Building Trades Project Labor Agreements (PLAs) with preferential local hire provisions by zip code(s) will be filled on a one for one alternating basis, with the first dispatch to the highest registered applicant residing within the designated zip code(s), then to the highest registered applicant, then to the highest registered applicant residing within the designated zip code(s), then to the highest registered applicant, and so on until the job site ratio specified within the PLA is reached. If only one opportunity for employment is offered, then the alternations will continue in order the next time that an employer requests manpower.
- Job calls (manpower requests) will be accepted until 4:00 p.m. for dispatch the following morning. Applicants may inquire regarding ‘job calls’ by calling our job line recording after 5:00 p.m. (805.642.2442). Dispatch will be at 8:00 a.m. and will remain open until all jobs are filled.
- The only exceptions to this policy will be in the case of an emergency. Referrals issued for emergencies will be for the duration of the emergency only. An emergency shall be a - over -condition such as a power failure or where there is a hazard to life, limb, property, or public safety. This means in an emergency, a referral may have to be made outside normally scheduled working hours using whatever means are available to fill calls and place registrants.
- All applicants must re-sign (quarterly) between the 10th and the 16th of the resign month for the months of January, April, July, and October in order to retain their position on the Out-of-Work List (see dates below).
Re-sign by U.S. Mail requires that the re-sign letter or postcard has a post-date between the 10th and the 16th. There will be no exceptions to this requirement.
Re-sign by fax (805.658.7507) must be received between 12:01 a.m. on the 10th through 5:00 p.m. on the 16th. There will be no exceptions to this requirement.
Re-sign by email through the IBEW Local 952 website www.ibew952.org must be received between 12:01 a.m. on the 10th through 4:30 p.m. on the 16th. There will be no exceptions to this requirement. (You must first register online as an IBEW member on the website. Your registration will be processed within (7) days; then, you will have access to re-sign on the website.
Re-sign in person-hours are 7:30 a.m. through 4:30 p.m. on each of the re-sign dates of the 10th through the 16th.
If the 16th falls on a weekend, the drop off re-sign letter will be accepted if received before 7:30 a.m. on the next business day. (There is a mail drop off slot in the glass door located in the front entrance of the Union Hall.)
- Applicants dispatched to a job or jobs totaling more than ten (10) working days will be removed from the Out-of-Work List. Any applicant accepting a referral that requires pre-hire controlled substance testing, who tests positive, will be removed from the list and will have to sign in person.
- Any applicant who becomes non-compliant with the IBEW/NECA Drug-Free Partnership will not be eligible for referral to an employer who requests from the drug-free pool. Once the applicant becomes compliant, he/she will be made eligible for referral.
- Upon termination, all persons are required to notify the Local Union office immediately, giving the employer’s name and the last date worked.
- Applicants who have quit a job will be placed on the Out-of-Work List after any applicants who were laid off the same day.
- Any complaint by an applicant or employee arising out of the administration by the Local Union of the referral and or dispatch procedures may submit their claim to the Appeals Committee for consideration.
2021 RE-SIGN DATES
January 10th – 16th July 10th – 16th
April 10th – 16th October 10th – 16th
Page Last Updated: Dec 14, 2020 (13:53:05)